Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tiptoe through the Torah

One study I lead just completed the book of Revelation.  When discussing what to do next, I made known my belief that a study of the Torah/Pentateuch is foundational for understanding the New Testament.  I also understand that most people avoid Exodus - Deuteronomy as boring, repetitious, and irrelevant.  Though nothing is further from the truth, the practical reality is that American evangelicals would rather tear those pages out of their Bibles than read them, for the aforementioned reasons.

Where am I going with this?

I finally decided we should jump into the book of Deuteronomy.  That will give a summary of the Mosaic Law without the potential boredom in the minutiae of laws.  The downside will be in not seeing the wonderful theology in the minutiae of laws.

 So if you find yourself free on Friday mornings from 6:00-7:00 A.M., head over to the Hy-Vee on 32nd and Oakland Rd NE for good fellowship around scripture.

No comments: