Thursday, December 21, 2017

The Promised One Has Come

Gerard van Honthorst, Adoration of the Shepherds
Then You spoke to Your holy ones in a vision,
And You said, “I established help for a mighty one;
I raised up a chosen one from My people;
I found David My servant;
I anointed him with My holy oil.
For My hand shall support him,
And My arm shall strengthen him.
The enemy shall have no advantage against him,
And the son of lawlessness shall not continue doing evil to him;
I will cut his enemies to pieces before his face,
And I shall put to flight those who hate him.
My truth and My mercy are with him,
And in My name shall his horn be exalted;
I will put his hand in the sea
And his right hand in the rivers.
He shall call upon Me, saying, ‘You are my Father,
My God, and the protector of my salvation’;
I shall make him, my firstborn,
Higher than the kings of the earth.
I shall keep My mercy for him forever,
And My covenant shall be trustworthy with him.
I shall establish his seed unto ages of ages
And his throne as the days of heaven.”    Psalm 89:19–29 LXX

No comments: