Wednesday, December 30, 2009

He Died for Me

Let this, then, be the sum of this article that the little word Lord signifies simply as much as Redeemer, i.e., He who has brought us from Satan to God, from death to life, from sin to righteousness, and who preserves us in the same. But all the points which follow in order in this article serve no other end than to explain and express this redemption, how and whereby it was accomplished, that is, how much it cost Him, and what He spent and risked that He might win us and bring us under His dominion, namely, that He became man, conceived and born without sin, of the Holy Ghost and of the Virgin Mary, that He might overcome sin; moreover, that He suffered, died and was buried, that He might make satisfaction for me and pay what I owe, not with silver nor gold, but with His own precious blood. And all this, in order to become my Lord; for He did none of these for Himself, nor had He any need of it.

Martin Luther, The Large Catechism, The Apostles Creed, Article II, Paragraph 31
[Emphasis added]

2 comments:

Jesse Albrecht said...

Greetings Steve,

I know that I may be just a youth who is publishing a random comment; so please forgive that. Anyway, I was wondering whether you would kindly consider adding my apologetics blog to your public blogroll display. Here it is, if interested:

https://rationalchristiandiscernment.blogspot.com/

Thanks for at least reading this. God bless!

Steve Bricker said...

Jesse,

I took a look at your blog posts and see no problem with adding you to my blogroll. If I might pass along a formatting comment, though, you might not want to use magenta for quotations. While it jumps off the screen, the contrast is harsh.